Saturday, October 1, 2011

INSPYs: Romance Shortlist Announced

I am honored to have been selected as one of the Inspy Romance judges this year. The shortlist - just announced today! - is quite fabulous! I think it's going to be a tough pick for us this year, but that's all I can say on the matter. ;) Until December, my lips are sealed! (The winner for each category will be announced mid-December.)

Here are the five shortlist nominees for the "Romance" category:

A Heart Most Worthy

A Hope Undaunted

The Preacher's Bride

Within My Heart

Yesterday's Tomorrow

The other five categories this year for the INSPYs are: Creative Nonfiction, General, Mystery/Thriller, Speculative Fiction, and Young Adult. Click HERE to see the shortlists for those categories.

Don't know what the INSPYs are? Here's a description of the awards from the INSPY website:

We feel nothing compares to excellent faith driven fiction, but it can be difficult to weed through the multitude of books published each year in both the Christian marketplace and the general market to find the very best of them. We found ourselves longing for a way to really bring attention to the books that inspire and move us.

What makes the INSPYs unique among award programs is that we invite nominations from both the Christian booksellers’ domain and the general marketplace. The INSPYs are not about conforming to expectations, they are about faith. Additionally, this program is organized and judged by book bloggers who have considerable experience and knowledge of books published for both the CBA markets and the general market. It is our sincere hope that the INSPYs will serve readers in their search for the very best of faith inspired literature being published today.

It is my great pleasure to be a part of the INSPY award program this year!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on being an INSPY judge, Amber! I did that last year and really enjoyed it!

Amber Holcomb said...

Ruth,

Thank you! I was super excited to get picked, although I confess that I probably didn't need to add any more reading to my schedule, LOL! At least I've read 3 of these books, and I have copies of the other 2 that I would have wanted to read sometime anyway. :)

Glad you enjoyed being a judge last year!

~Amber

Faith said...

Have fun being a judge!

Amber Holcomb said...

Thanks, Faye! I think it will be a good experience. :)

~Amber

Renee said...

I've been catching up on reading your site, Amber. What great reviews I've missed. Congrats on being a judge for the Inspys!

Amber Holcomb said...

Renee,

Aww, thanks for taking the time to do that! :) That means a lot to me! Glad you enjoyed the reviews, and thank you for the congrats!

~Amber

Katie Marie said...

How exciting, Amber!! I will be judging for the Inspy this year, too. (Yay!) In the mystery/thriller category. Looks like it'll be lots of fun!!

Amber Holcomb said...

Katie,

Thank you!! I'm excited for you, too! I know how much you love those suspense books. ;) How neat that we can both be involved in this awesome program!

~Amber

Joy Tamsin David said...

Hey, looks like we're going to have lots to talk about Amber! LOL. I'm on that panel too. :) I have only two books from that list that I haven't read yet also.

Amber Holcomb said...

Joy,

Awesome! :) Congrats on being a romance judge 2 years in a row! I'm excited to be able to confer with ya'll and be a part of the process. :)

~Amber