Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Review of When All My Dreams Come True

Here's a description of the book from Harvest House Publishers:

"Bobbie McIntyre dreams of running a ranch of her own. Raised without a mother and having spent most of her time around men, she knows more about wrangling than acting like a lady. The friendship of her new employer awakens a desire to learn more about presenting her feminine side, but ranch life keeps getting in the way.

Ranch owner Jace Kincaid figures the Lord is testing his faith when a female wrangler shows up looking for work. Bobbie has an uncanny way of getting under his skin, though, and he’s surprised when she finds a home next to his heart. But when his cattle begin to go missing and his wranglers are in danger from some low-down cattle thief, can Jace trust God, even if it may mean giving up on his dreams?

An adventurous novel of faith, hope, and love in the Wild West."

My Rating: Spring

My Review:

With lots of action and a sweet romance, When All My Dreams Come True kept me from having many dreams as I stayed up very late in order to finish the book all in one night! From the opening chase scene to the various attempts on Jace's and Bobbie's lives, it was easy to speed through this book with all the stamina of a wild horse.

Although the premise of this story, with a female wrangler hounded by danger and caught by love, is not as original nowadays, Mowery still manages a fresh take on this Western romance through great secondary characters and an action-packed plot. And the theme of trusting God with one's heart and dreams keeps the book unified and makes it an encouraging read.

*With thanks to Kav for my copy of the book, which I won on her blog Best Reads (2010-2011).*

No comments: