Monday, May 10, 2010

A Week at the Movies!

Welcome! Please find a seat--there's plenty of room for everyone! If you didn't yet have a chance to grab some snacks and drinks, now's the time, because I'll be playing the previews today. Our first "feature" starts on Tuesday!

There are two movies coming soon to theaters that I particularly want to see:

Shrek Forever After is coming to theaters at the end of May. My family and I have seen the first three Shrek movies, and while the second is by far my favorite, I'm sure I won't be able to resist seeing the fourth installment.

From http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892791/plotsummary, here's the description of the movie:

"A bored and domesticated Shrek pacts with deal-maker Rumpelstiltskin to get back to feeling like a real ogre again, but when he's duped and sent to a twisted version of Far Far Away -- where Rumpelstiltskin is king, ogres are hunted, and he and Fiona have never met -- he sets out to restore his world and reclaim his true love."

It sounds like an interesting premise, to be sure. I'm not certain how original the idea of an alternate reality is in the movie world, but I'm willing to give it a try. However, these movies (while very funny) do contain crude humor, which may not be appropriate for young children (or enjoyable for all adults). But for those who are interested, it could be an entertaining choice when going out to the movies later this month!

Toy Story 3 is coming to theaters in the middle of June. This is a must-see for me! I love many Disney movies, and I enjoyed both Toy Story and Toy Story 2 (although, like Shrek, the second was my favorite). How could I not see this movie? With great voices for the characters, great animation, and with what looks to be a sweet, touching (and fun!) story line, I'm definitely excited for this movie! And as far as I can tell (if this movie is like its predecessors), I have no problem with recommending it for all ages.

Now that I'm home for the summer, I can enjoy watching these movies with my family. Isn't it great to watch movies with those who are "near and dear" to you? I hope that you can enjoy some great movies this summer with your family and friends!

4 comments:

Angie said...

I've seen the Shrek movies and while they are okay...I can't wait for Toy Story 3. Like you the second one is my favorite. I will probably have to drag my hubby to the movie theater to see it but drag I will. ;)

Amber Holcomb said...

Angie,

I'm very excited for Toy Story 3, as well! The nice thing about our family is that we all like Disney movies--so nobody will have to be dragged to the theaters here! ;) But I hope you and your husband enjoy watching it when it comes out! :D

~Amber

Project Journal said...

Lol! I'm loving this theme ; )

I think both of these are probably going to be categorized as "Want to see, but will wait for it to come out on DVD, so we can rent it" Lol! That's one of my family's many categories ; )

We really want to see Letters to Juliet (yes, I know it looks cheesy and you can totally guess the ending, BUT it looks soooooo cute! What can a good romance hurt??), we'll have to see Eclipse, lol!! We've seen the other 2, got to see this one too! And though it's not technically a 'summer movie', I can't wait to see the next Harry Potter installment : D

Talk to you later!
Hannah

Amber Holcomb said...

Hannah,

That's totally understandable! The movie theaters are rather expensive these days! *Sigh*

Romances are always fun! I admit that I haven't seen either of the Twilight movies (Eclipse is the third in that series, right?), nor have I read any of the books. Same with Harry Potter... I guess I'm not on the same page as most of America's youth these days! ;)

A winter movie I'm looking forward to is the third Chronicles of Narnia! My sister recently performed in a school play (Chronicles of Narnia) as Aslan! I wish I could have seen it, but I was away at school... But I'll have to see my dad's video of it!

~Amber