Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Conglomeration of Information

According to one definition from Dictionary.com, conglomeration means: "An accumulation of miscellaneous things." I was at a loss as to what to post today (I think I'm getting too excited about another themed week!), so I hope you don't mind the clutter!

So, in no particular order, here are my thoughts:

  • This weekend is going to be so much fun! For my blog, I'll be announcing the winner of the Walmart gift card, and I'll be announcing the theme for next week's posts (there's still time to vote on the poll in the sidebar!). Yay! As for me personally, I'm happy because a dear friend is visiting this weekend, and I'll get to go to my sister's choir concerts and her school's auction. It will be rather bittersweet, however, because I was in that choir for three years before I went to college, and my sister's school is my old elementary/middle school. But I know it will be great to see everyone again, and I know the music will be beautiful at the concert!

  • My dad recently gave me an iPod Touch, which holds 8 GB. My other iPod held 2 GB, which means that I now have an iPod with video capability! Woohoo!

  • Along with that last note, I recently completed one of my albums from iTunes, called Nickel Creek (by a group of the same name). My roommate this last year had brought this CD to our dorm to let me listen to it for a while, and I loved it so much! Would you mind if I share a song from the CD that I found on You Tube?


  • Also, I bought an audiobook on iTunes that I'm planning on giving a whirl this summer. The book is Forevermore by Cathy Marie Hake. I'll plan on posting a review, just as a heads up!

  • My mom got me a new pair of sunglasses yesterday, which I adore. Yay for summer sunshine that creates a "need" for sunglasses! :)

  • Oh dear . . . I really need to stop buying stuff! Please, do not follow my example that I set forth in the last three bullet points!

Well, I suppose I should stop now. I am a big fan of organization, so I'll try not to do messy lists like this very often! Thanks for taking the time to read this, and remember to stop by again soon for some exciting stuff!

2 comments:

lindsayw said...

Yay for Nickel Creek! I'm glad you will be able to enjoy the whole album now. :) And I love "Hand Song", my family played/sang that song for church a year or so ago. Such a sweet song.
I'm glad you'll be able to see your "anonymous" friend this weekend! :) She gets to stay at my house on the way back from yours! I'm really excited to see her, too!
Ah, summer is almost here. I went on a bike ride this morning and thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine.
I guess I am writing so much on this comment because I haven't talked with you for a while. Hope your college-less-ness is going well for you! Love you, Amber!

<3 Lindsay

Amber Holcomb said...

Lindsay,

You're so sweet! :) I agree, "Hand Song" is great! And with your beautiful voice and your whole family's musical talents, I'm sure you performed the song wonderfully! :)

That's great that you get to see our "anonymous" friend, too! ;) I'm so excited to see her!

That must have been great riding your bike! I confess that my bike riding has all been indoors, but I've been trying to keep up with working out, at least to some extent. But we've had some beautiful days here, as well, and I've been enjoying them! All is well here in California; how is it in Oregon?

Miss you and love you!

~Amber