Thursday, May 20, 2010

Campfire: Fourth Evening

How is everyone this evening? It's a bit breezy tonight, so I hope you all have something warm on! I think I have some more smore fixings, so go ahead and help yourself!

Well, our week together is coming to a close. We have one more full day of camp, and then we will say our "farewells" on Saturday. I hope you have had a great time at camp--I know I have! Thanks to all of your sweet, fun comments, I've made some great memories. Maybe we'll have to make Camp Humility an annual event . . .

Tonight I thought we could sing together. Here's the first verse of the hymn "We Praise Thee, O God, Our Redeemer":

"We praise Thee, O God, our Redeemer, Creator,
In grateful devotion our tribute we bring.
We lay it before Thee, we kneel and adore Thee,
We bless Thy holy name, glad praises we sing."

(From Hymns for the Family of God, Paragon Associates, Inc., 1976.)

Psalm 40: 3 says, "And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord."

Our God is so good! Because of His grace through Jesus, we can go to Heaven to be with Him forever. Forever. How amazing, how marvelous, how glorious is our God! And He is more than deserving of our worship and songs of praise.

First Kings 8:22-23 says, "And Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven: And he said, Lord God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart."

There is no God like our wondrous God! Remember Psalm 43:3 from a few nights ago? "O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles." Now read the following verse (verse 4): "Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God."

He is our joy! He is our reason for living, and our hope for everlasting life. So let us praise Him, not just now, but every day. Our words can never be enough to show our true appreciation, but He looks at our hearts. Let us worship Him in love with all of our hearts, not just with our voices, but with our lives. Let us seek His will, for His purposes are what really count throughout eternity.

With that, here is the third verse of the hymn I shared above:

"With voices united our praises we offer,
And gladly our songs of true worship we raise.
Thy strong arm will guide us, our God is beside us,
To Thee, our great Redeemer, forever be praise."

11 comments:

Project Journal said...

"Hallelujah, hallelujah, *faster* hallelujah, hallelujah, *slower, loud, and majestic* hallelujah!!!!"

*wink*

I LOVE to sing, so this was so fun tonight, Amber. I definitely think that you should make this annual! Woot!

By the way, what's the theme for next week? I love how you have themed weeks, it makes it really entertaining....or do you not do it every week?

Okay, I'm gonna be a REAL bad camper, I'm sneaking off with my little portable, electric-less TV to watch the Grey's Anatomy finale at 9! I'M SORRY!!! But this is necessary, girl....it really is! There's a shooter in the hospital and Mer's pregnant, big things happening tonight *wink*

Talk to you soon,
Hannah

Donna K. said...

This has been a really cool week of camping! It was a great idea, and I think it would be good to make it an annual event! I may even be more up for the rafting by then! Ha! =) Sorry I didn't make it to the campfire last night, looks like ya'll had fun!

Amber Holcomb said...

Hannah,

Nice rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus! :) And thank you for your kind words! I would love to make this an annual event.

I don't think I have a theme planned for next week (I might actually be starting a data entry job, which would be great! I could start setting aside money to pay off my loans. *sigh*) However, I will still be posting next week! Maybe some book reviews are in order...

BUT, I do have a theme for the week after that! It's going to be my birthday week, so I would love to have you come! It's going to be a "Birthday Story Bash!" (with a Toy Story theme!). :D And there might just be some more giveaways!

Also, I'm sure there will be more themes in the future, as well! As you can see, I'm a big fan of them! ;)

I guess if you must watch Grey's Anatomy, you must... But report back here tomorrow, soldier! ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Donna,

Thank you so much for your encouragement! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed the week, and it would be fun to try out rafting again. ;) And no worries about not making it to the campfire. If you still wanted to contribute to the story, you have until tomorrow night! If not, there are still more activities to get involved in before the week is out. ;)

Have a great evening!

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Oh, Hannah! I wanted to ask you...did you decide for sure which book drawing you want to be entered for this week? If I don't hear from you, I'll just assume you want to enter for A Bride in the Bargain, since that seemed to be the one you were leaning towards.

Thanks again for coming to camp this week! See you tomorrow! :)

~Amber

Ariel Wilson said...

Yes!!! Do this next year!!! :D

Angie said...

Beautifully said, Amber. :)

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

I'm sorry I haven't been commenting this week I've been really busy but I did get to read all of the posts and your are doing such a wonderful job!



XOXO~ Renee

Amber Holcomb said...

Ariel,

Thank you!!! That makes me really happy to know you would like to come to Camp Humility again. ;)

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Angie,

So glad you enjoyed our campfire session! :) Your support means so much to me!

Our God is so good!

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Renee,

Thank you! I completely understand--not everyone has time to spend on the Internet all day. ;) But I really appreciate your taking the time to read my posts and commenting when you can!

Hope you're enjoying the campfire!

~Amber