Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Blog Award # 3


Thanks so much to Renee at Black 'n Gold Girl's Book Spot for passing this award on to me! What a great birthday gift!

I'm not sure if the rules for these awards are strictly enforced, but I thought I would do a check to see what some rules might be for this particular award. ;) After seeing who Renee got this award from, and then the person that that person got the award from, I think I found something! (I apologize if this isn't right, but we'll go with it anyway!)

From the blog Publish or Perish: "The rules to the award are: link to the person who nominated me for this award; share seven interesting things about myself; and nominate seven other beautiful bloggers."

So here goes nothing!

Seven interesting things about me:
1. I'm a black belt in Jujitsu.
2. I hate mashed potatoes.
3. I was valedictorian of my graduating class at high school.
4. I love bluegrass music.
5. I'm majoring in English at Corban University.
6. I've been to Israel.
7. I was president of my high school's Key Club during my junior year.

Now you know a little more about me! And here are the people I'd like to pass this award on to:

To those of you who keep getting tons of awards from me . . . I'm not trying to be a bother! I hope you can consider it a compliment that I think of you so often when I'm handing out awards!

Thank you all for reading my blog, and I hope you'll check out some of these other great blogs!

11 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Aren't you sweet! Thank you so much for the award! I love it!

Project Journal said...

YAY!!!! Congrats, Amber!!

I agree, you DO have a beautiful blog!

Yuo HATE mashed potatoes??? WHAT?! That's crazy talk....!

Thank you SO much for the award and of course it's not being a bother. *grin*

Going to work on my Cole Porter presentation,
Hannah

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Amber Holcomb said...

Good morning!

Sherrinda: You're welcome! You have a beautiful blog, and I'm happy to pass this award on to you! :)

Hannah: Thank you! :D And yes, it's true. It's not like I don't like potatoes--I love them! I just hate the texture of mashed potatoes (I had a bad experience with them, in a sense, when I was a kid, and now I just can't stand the thought of trying them again). So give me baked potatoes, french fries, roasted potatoes...anything but mashed potatoes! ;) Anyway, I'm glad you like the award--you have a beautiful blog, as well! Good luck with your presentation, and thanks for the birthday wishes! :)

~Amber

Deborah Vogts said...

Hi Amber! How fun to learn more about you through this award. And that you love bluegrass! You go, girl! Thanks for the award. Love your idea of rating reviews. :)

Ariel Wilson said...

Haha, I hate mashed potatoes too!!!!! :D

Bluerose said...

Thank you so much for this award!!! :) You have all these very interesting facts about you. Mine will be quite boring!!

Amber Holcomb said...

Good afternoon, everyone! :D

Deborah: Thanks so much for visiting! I'm happy to pass the award on to you--you have a great blog! (And it's so exciting that you have an aritcle about yourself in Country magazine! I had a short piece on my grandparents published once in Country magazine. :) I just love that magazine so much!!!) And isn't bluegrass the best? ;) Thanks again for your compliments and for stopping by!

Ariel: Yay! I'm not alone! ;)

Bluerose: You're welcome! I hope you don't mind me passing on two awards in a row to you! ;) I'm sure you have some great interesting facts about you, too!

~Amber

Anonymous said...

Amber - thanks so much for this beautiful award! And I love that you shared seven things about yourself - this is a fascinating list! I'm going to try to do this on my blog next week maybe. I'm so glad you continue to follow it. =D And I'm lovin' how you've dived into the blogosphere! Keep up the good work! :)

Cerella
www.thecerellalife.com

Amber Holcomb said...

Cerella,

You're more than welcome! :) Thank you so much for your encouragement, and I'm looking forward to seeing your list, as well! Your blog is great! :D (Gotta love all those snake stories...) ;) Thanks again for your sweet comment!

~Amber

Esther Miriam Lopez said...

Hi,

Bluerose_shelnut passed on this award to me :)) and I came to drop by and visit...

I have recently started doing Christian Fiction reviews. I was wondering besides BookSneeze, could you suggest other book blogging programs that I can request for review copies.

I'm following you now too...

Do hop over for a visit..
www.estherisblogging.blogspot.com

God bless . Esther

Amber Holcomb said...

Hi Esther! Great to have a new follower! :)

The other book blogging programs I'm involved in right now are with Bethany House publishers and Litfuse Publicity Blogging. You can click on the pictures in my sidebar (beneath the BookSneeze button), and they will take you to the sites where you can sign up. :) Also, a lot of other bloggers have the buttons in their sidebars for other blogging programs. If you take a look at the other blogs I'm following (I think they show that information in my profile), then you should be able to find some other great programs.

Hope that helps! Drop by again soon! :)

~Amber