Some of you may recall my attempt last year to start a new feature entitled "Sightseeing by the Seasons." I'm here to let you know that while this feature hasn't had it's time to shine yet, I haven't given up. But in order to make this feature a reality, I need your help!
What I need from you is some assistance in finding various out-of-the-way, small town shops and businesses that I can spotlight on my blog. Each person who successfully gets me connected/in contact with one of these locally owned and operated-type businesses will be entered in a drawing. The prize? Well, if you take a look to the right of the screen you should see a poll near the top of the sidebar. Whichever prize gets the most votes is the prize you can win! (However, I will certainly be open to hearing which of these prizes the winner specifically wants to win; mainly, the poll will help me know which prizes my readers would like to win in the future.)
Right now I'm looking for some winter and spring-related businesses. Some examples would be year-round Christmas stores, rural garden shops, small town florists, lodges/restaurants, etc. Feel free to be creative in your connections to the seasons!
Here are the rules to be entered in the drawing:
- Leave a comment or e-mail me with the name and contact information of a business that fits the criteria mentioned in the paragraph above. If you know the shop (etc.) owner personally and could get the business to e-mail me, so much the better!
- Only those who successfully get me in contact with a business that I can and will feature on this blog will be entered. (If I never hear back from the business, that entry won't count.)
- You can enter as many times as you like! One entry for each business I can interview and feature on my blog.
- If I find more than 5 businesses to feature on my blog in the coming months, I will pick 2 winners instead of just 1!
- The drawing closes Friday, January 21st, and the winner(s) will be announced on Saturday, January 22nd.
Thank you very much for your help! I look forward to working with you to promote the small town businesses we love and to journey across America (and maybe Canada) together!
The Blog Author
*Update: The giveaway winner(s) announcement has been postponed until further notice. Entries will still be accepted until that announcement.*