Today we're talking about our favorite movies from 2010. I'm going to cheat a little and mention my top 5 favorite movies that I saw for the first time this year. They're not necessarily movies that were released this year. Hope you don't mind! I'll go backwards through the list, starting with my 5th favorite.
Favorite Movies of 2010
- #5: Northanger Abbey--The winter/spring of 2010 was my official foray into the world of PBS Masterpiece. I loved Northanger Abbey so much when I watched it on T.V. with one of my college friends that I ended up buying a DVD copy! While this had already aired on PBS Masterpiece before, I saw it for the first time this past year and fell in love with the humorous and charming Henry Tilney. You can read my review HERE.
- #4: How to Train Your Dragon--Even though the first time I watched this was through Amazon.com Video on Demand, I was still blown away by this epic and very sweet story! I watched it again the other night (after getting a copy for Christmas) on the big screen T.V. in our home, and I was even more impressed with the animation and the music. Great movie!
- #3: Toy Story 3--This might actually be my second favorite of the year, but wherever it fits it for sure has to be on this list! I have loved all of the Pixar movies thus far, and the Toy Story series is no exception. This latest installment has made me cry every time I have seen it (twice in theaters, and once at home so far). Very powerful! You can read my review HERE.
- #2: Sherlock--What an intriguing new series! Over this past year I have fallen in love with PBS Masterpiece, and this new PBS Masterpiece Mystery version of the story of Sherlock Holmes thrilled me with it's great characters, wonderful humor, and freaky plots. I have season 1 on DVD, and I cannot wait for season 2 to come out next year!!! You can read my reviews of this series HERE.
- #1: North & South--While I admit that this is not a 2010 release, I saw this movie/miniseries for the first time this past year, and it is absolutely breath-taking. Simply gorgeous! Thank you to everyone who recommended this movie to me--I am so, so glad I have seen it, and that I have it on DVD so I can watch it over and over again! You can read my review HERE.
(Note: The picture at the top of the post is of my grandparents' fireplace. Cozy!)