- Find part-time employment within the first few months of 2014.
- Request and purchase fewer books. After January (since I didn't really follow this when I was requesting books in December)...
- No more than 2 review books a month
- No more than 3 Kindle (or otherwise) book purchases a month
- Review every book I read (with a few exceptions - and can be snack size or full length).
- Exercise in some form 4 days a week (will get a fresh start on that this week, hopefully!).
- Write at least 1 letter a week.
- Publish the rest of "The Heart's Spring" series (2 more books - Forget Me Not and Morning Glory - and 4 companion short stories).
- Write the 1st draft of a new novella/novel. (More info to come later this year, Lord willing!)
I don't really know what the new year will bring, so beyond my publishing goals and my plan to find part-time employment to supplement my freelance business and my book sales, I don't really have any big, long-term goals. I'm hoping to take this year one day at a time, and I'm hoping the little goals will help me keep things in perspective and maintain a healthier lifestyle. The main goal, though, is to follow after God and trust in him day by day, moment by moment - because He's the one who will sustain me when and long after these goals are broken or met.
As for the goals above that pertain more to you, please feel free to hold me accountable and encourage me to try to follow them! If you see I've finished a book on Goodreads/Twitter, you can remind me that, for the most part, I agreed to review it, even if it's one I purchased. ;) If you see me going crazy with adding new books, a gentle reprimand might be required, LOL. And I'm hoping that the new blog and all the social media talk will help me stay motivated when it comes to meeting my publishing goals!
Do you have any goals/resolutions for the new year? Do we share any of the same ones?