Friday, December 27, 2013

Last Minute Read-a-thon Day 2: Rainbow Challenge



Today's challenge fits so well with my current review TBR pile - the rainbow just sort of came naturally when I threw in one of the books I'm hoping to read for the read-a-thon, and with a wee bit of rearranging! Take a look...


I didn't even have to go digging through other TBR piles or shelves of books I've already read! These are all books I plan to read and review in the new year (minus All in Good Time, which I hope to read within the next few days!).
Yes, the top spine is mainly black (although the red outfit pops!), and All in Good Time could be considered more tan than yellow...but that's pretty close to red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet, wouldn't you agree?

As for the other challenges for the read-a-thon, I just want to briefly address them by saying you can find some book covers I love on my "Cover Candy" Pinterest board, and I'll be sharing my list of favorite 2013 reads on New Year's Eve. So I won't be officially entering those challenges - hopefully I'll get busy reading and reviewing books until I post my wrap-up the night of the 30th! I'll also plan on posting a wrap-up for the Contentment Reading Challenge tomorrow. Lots of bookish things coming your way as 2013 comes to a close!

Happy reading!

12 comments:

Melanie said...

I had to go through my TBR pile to find my book spine rainbow. It's great that you didn't have to do that! :) Great rainbow!

Maria Behar said...

Nice rainbow, Amber! I like the pictures on the spines, especially the one for "The Dancing Master"! I really want to read that book, by the way. It sure sounds like a lovely story!

Happy reading!!

Abbi Hart said...

That's awesome how your rainbow just came together! I had fun picking out the books for mine.

Amber Holcomb said...

Melanie,

I thought it was neat how my review TBR was so colorful already, making this challenge easy to complete. :) Thank you for the kind words!

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Maria,

Thank you! The spines are really cool with the models, aren't they? Julie Klassen writes great historical romances - I'm thinking The Dancing Master will be a nice read! :) Hope you get to read it soon, too!

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Abbi,

I know! I was happy about that. ;) Glad you had fun with your rainbow, too!

~Amber

Unknown said...

Great rainbow! I especially like the spine of Under a Blackberry Moon, I've heard great things about that book! Hope you enjoy it and all the other books you read this week! :D

Vonnie said...

Hey, you were able to find indigo. I was debating whether or not to add this color to the list since it's part of the rainbow. But I figured that it would be hard for those to distinguish between indigo and violet.

Well, have fun with your reads and your other bookish activities!

Amber Holcomb said...

Caitlyn,

Thank you! I just love the colors/shading on the cover/spine of Under a Blackberry Moon! Purple is my favorite color. :) Serena is a great author, so I'm curious to give this one a try!

Thank you for the kind words - happy reading to you, as well!

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Vonnie,

I'm not sure if I got all the shadings exactly right, but I couldn't resist adding "indigo" since I had the darker purple spine - and ROY G. BIV (acronym for the colors of the rainbow) is kind of stuck in my head, haha. ;) But I totally understand with just picking one shade of purple for the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by to check out my book-spine rainbow!

~Amber

Vonnie said...

How can one forget Mr. Roy G Biv? Lol, that's how I taught the rainbow's name to my students.

Amber Holcomb said...

Vonnie,

Yay! You're familiar with the little rainbow man, too. ;) How cute that you used the acronym with your students!

~Amber