I have loved taking this journey with you. God has blessed me abundantly through "Seasons of Humility"--through your friendship, your kindness, and your encouragement. I hope this blog will be a place you'll want to visit often in 2011, as well!
I'm excited to give you a glimpse into my hopes for this blog in 2011. Of course, this is by no means a list of what exactly will happen in 2011. As Proverbs 16:9 says, "A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps."
And as James 4:13-15 says, "Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."
So this is just a look at some tentative plans for this blog in 2011:
To Keep and Continue:
- Sundays by the Sea--I have enjoyed having this weekly feature, even if doesn't always happen every week! ;) When I'm at school in Oregon, I'm farther from the ocean than when I'm at home in Northern California, but nevertheless I have loved taking a deeper look at this aspect of God's creation and writing devotional posts. I hope to continue this weekly feature, looking at the sea from different angles and sharing hope and encouragement with you at the beginning of the week.
- Mondays for the Military--Along with "Sundays by the Sea," this weekly feature has lasted through the months and become a bigger gift than I could have anticipated. It has been such a privilege to meet military men and women, as well as those who minister to them, through these posts. Thank you to all of you for making it such a success! It is my hope to not only continue this feature, but expand it--to post more regularly and introduce you to even more of our nation's heroes. I'm going to enable the comments on this feature's page, so feel free to visit and share your thoughts about the feature (and let me know about any military men and women you know who might like to be featured here!).
- Sightseeing by the Seasons--Let me start by apologizing for not pursuing this series more actively...yet. I haven't given up, though, and I'm thinking about bribing some of you to help me give this feature the shove it needs to take off! ;) Be looking for a post or two regarding this series near the beginning of this new year. And feel free to take a look at this feature's page. I'm going to enable the comments on this page, as well, so if you have any suggestions for me, fire away! I would love any assistance!
- Camp Humility--I had so much fun hosting this "summer camp" here on my blog, that I would love to do it again! Last year we had a great time rafting, hiking, telling stories around the campfire, etc. So be looking for the Second Annual Week-Long Camp Humility in May or June!
- End of Summer Bash--It's hard to see the end of summer approaching, knowing that the carefree days of warmth (and no homework!) are coming to an end. But end the summer with a bang and join me for the Second Annual End of Summer Bash in August, where you'll see some of your favorite authors and enjoy lots of fun giveaways!
- Love Finds You Blog Party--What an event this was in 2010! Join us in late fall/early winter of 2011 for another party celebrating the "Love Finds You" book series. More authors, more giveaways, and more travels to the fun and quirky towns featured in these books!
- Contentment Reading Challenge 2011--This is the first reading challenge I've ever joined, and the first one I've ever hosted! The purpose of the challenge is to foster an overall attitude of contentment and encourage all those who join to look back on the books they love and read them again. You can read all of the details (and join the challenge) by going to this feature's page. The comments have been enabled. Since this is a year-long feature, there will be monthly posts regarding the challenge. Hopefully, there will be some fun extras for all who join. More information to come in January 2011!
- Valentine's Day Party--Original, I know. This is not the final name of the party, so no worries! ;) I have nothing official to tell you about this yet, but just know that there's a party in the works (at least in my imagination so far!), and it should be pretty sweet!
- Blogoversary--The end of March marks the first birthday of this blog, which is cause to celebrate! I'm hoping to have a big party, so stay tuned!
On New Year's Eve be looking for a post about my resolutions. I love a new year!
(Note: The picture above is of another one of our Christmas decorations!)