No need to take down the Christmas decorations yet--they're just so beautiful, and we ought to enjoy them as long as we can! ;)
I'm not a great cook or anything, but if anyone wants to help me maybe we can make some home-made bread!
Now, while the bread is baking I'll give you the scoop on what's going on during our party! While we're counting down the days to the new year, I'm going to give you some "favorites" lists for 2010. These lists will include favorite posts, favorite books, favorite movies, etc. It might be kind of hard to limit myself on my favorites, but I'll give it a try!
And after all of our looking back and reminiscing, we'll do some looking ahead. I'll give you a glimpse of some of my plans for 2011--what themes/schedules I'll be keeping, and what new things I'll be adding. I'm always excited about a new year!
Also, I think I'll be mixing in some reviews for you, including book reviews and maybe a movie review or two. I hope you'll have fun at the party, and I look forward to celebrating a new year with you!
To start things off, I'll give you a list of my favorite posts of 2010. Everyone gather around the table and fill up your plates with some munchies before we start our discussion. We've got grapes and orange slices, cheese, some of my mom's homemade fudge, the bread (once it's finished baking!), and some sparkling apple cider! Dig in!
Favorite Blog Posts of 2010
- Beautiful Oregon (July 11): I love our family's annual trip to Sunriver, Oregon, and this post contains pictures, a video, and some of my thoughts on our wonderful trip this past summer!
- An Unbelievable Experience and Remembered (July 14 and 15): I was so blessed to go to Washington D.C. with my dad and some of his side of the family to see my great-uncle's funeral service at Arlington National Cemetery. The cargo plane my great-uncle had been on crashed over Burma during WWII. The videos in these posts contain some of the pictures from our trip. My time in D.C. was amazing, and God used it in such a mighty way in my life. I think I still don't know the extent to which it blessed me!
- Touched by an Epitaph (August 12): This is one of those posts I couldn't have really planned. It is based off of an episode of Bonanza that I had just seen--one that touched me in a big way.
- Sunday by a Waterfall (October 10): A twist on the "Sundays by the Sea" devotional posts, this post is based off of a day trip my parents and I made when they came to visit me at school in October.
- Sunday by the Sea (October 31): Another devotional post, this one is based off of some of the thoughts I had been ruminating on about the movie Finding Nemo. I love Pixar movies!
At the risk of sounding repetitive, this blog has been such a blessing to me! And while I love writing the posts (because they cause me to think, to remember, and to challenge myself), I really love the friendships I have been given! Thank you all for your comments and your encouragement, and I hope that the posts on this blog have been at least half as encouraging to you as you have been to me!
If you have some time, I'd love to hear which posts were especially meaningful to you this past year, and which posts you would like to see more of. Thank you!
(Note: The pictures in this post are of my house--not an actual cabin!--this Christmas season. My mom does a beautiful job decorating!)