Two years ago, I revealed the cover of my debut novel.
One year ago, I was preparing to move to a new town and start a new job.
What epic life-change does Amber have to announce this year? An engagement?? That would be the logical next step, of course. ;)
But nope, there's not quite so much fanfare around this birthday. No new book releases (yet!). No big move or extremely exciting tidings.
And that's perfectly all right. Because I have all sorts of things to celebrate today...
- Family awaiting me at home for my sister's upcoming high-school graduation (woot!) and our Disneyland vacation (squee!).
- Friends and coworkers to play mini golf and eat pizza with tonight. (Can't wait!) Correction: Red Robin instead of pizza - even better!
- Blogging pals who continue to inspire and encourage and teach me what social media is really all about. (Book chats, am I right?? #BookBesties Hashtag created by the fabulous Rissi)
- Five-plus years of blogging joys. (Shame on me for missing out on a chance to party back in March... Clarification: That's when my actual blogoversary occurred - I just figured I'd lump it in with the birthday fun. :))
- Four books out in the world, including my very first audiobook, which I adore.
- A job to challenge and grow me. (And pay the bills - mustn't forget that!)
- An apartment for living and sleeping and watching movies and reading and having random one-person dance parties/karaoke sessions.
- A church and college group to pull me into community.
- A town and state to explore.
- And a Savior who blesses beyond measure and never gives up on me.
Well, there's just an awful lot to celebrate! Including the fact that I'm now the same age as my darling hero Derrick from How a Star Falls. ;) We're like twinsies!
While I don't have any new releases to offer you at this time for a giveaway, I don't want to bemoan the fact that I'm behind on where I should be and late on publishing a couple of titles that should be out by now. (Although I still apologize for the delay!)
For now, I just want to look back and say "yay" to the journey and the seasons that came before. Yay for Bleeding Heart and Forget Me Not and the short stories and How a Star Falls! Each of them helped me express my heart and explore new horizons in different seasons, and I'm grateful for the chance to have written those stories and shared them with others.
If you haven't yet read all of my already-published books, I'd love to offer you a copy of one today! You can read more about them HERE. Just fill out the form below, and I'll email you the document of your choice soon. (Offer ends when I close the form to entries.)
* * *
So tell me, dear friends, what is it you're celebrating today? What happened in seasons past that helped shape the person you are and life you have now?