Friday, February 21, 2014

"Season"-ed Snack Size Review: Cress

Today I want to share with you the latest in a line of addictive treats (the "Lunar Chronicles" series)! Here are my snack size reviews of Books 1 and 2, if you missed them before: Cinder and Scarlet. And now, for Book 3...

Cress by Marissa Meyer

Rating: Spring/Summer

Cress is everything I could have hoped it to be: another sweet and romantic fairy-tale twist, another danger-filled adventure along the way to saving Earth (note that it includes some violence), and another opportunity to fall more in love with this series' cast of characters. Cress and Thorne's relationship is adorable; Cinder and Kai's relationship is still mysterious, awkward, and tender; and Scarlet and Wolf's relationship is wreaking havoc with my heart. Plus, Iko really endeared herself to me in this book (too, too cute!), and I'm getting excited for the next couple's story in Winter. The imagery in Cress is enchanting, and the emphasis on how life is invaluable is both thought-provoking and wonderful. The "Lunar Chronicles" series has completely impressed me, and I'm sure I'll be half-giddy, half-devastated when the 4th and final installment finally releases.

Note: "Seasoned" or "unseasoned" is in reference to my book rating system. Thanks to Juju of Tales of Whimsy for the inspiration regarding mini reviews!

No comments: