Thursday, February 20, 2014

Snack Size Reviews for Bite Size Books

Sometimes it's really nice to just read something short, especially when you feel like you haven't been getting much reading done and the blog is looking bare. Since I have Book 3 in the "Culper Ring" series on my Kindle (thanks to NetGalley and Harvest House!), I thought it would be nice to finally read the two free companion stories that come before it...

Fairchild's Lady (#1.5) by Roseanna M. White

Rating: Spring

For a sweet historical morsel with a helping of suspense, look no further than Fairchild's Lady! The Versailles setting is intriguing, the attraction adorable, and the danger quite compelling for a novella. While the romance gets a bit flowery and the events and transitions are rather quick, I still quite enjoyed reading more about Isaac Fairchild and meeting Lady Julienne. This was just the right length and level of engagement for an afternoon read.

A Hero's Promise (#2.5) by Roseanna M. White

Rating: Fall/Spring

Showcasing an interesting historical event with an imaginative flair, A Hero's Promise is a nice, quick read. While I did like the hero and heroine's history together and the imagery in Chapter 1, I confess this short story didn't intrigue me as much as Fairchild's Lady, and I would have liked Jack and Lenna to have more time together, especially given the shorter length of the story. But this is still an enjoyable companion to the "Culper Ring" series, paving the way for a more in-depth addition with Circle of Spies (Book 3).



Both of these stories are available for FREE! You can find the links on the author's website.

Here are my reviews of Books 1 and 2: Ring of Secrets and Whispers from the Shadows. Both are great reads! And be looking for my review of Book 3, coming soon!

Note: "Seasoned" or "unseasoned" is in reference to my book rating system. Thanks to Juju of Tales of Whimsy for the inspiration regarding mini reviews!

No comments: