Monday, December 9, 2013

Reading Cram Read-a-thon Day 1: TBR Challenge



Today is the first day of the Reading Cram Read-a-thon! I really need to focus this week on rewrites/edits for Forget Me Not so I can send the manuscript to my proofreader ASAP, but I also really need to catch up on my review reading - so here's hoping this challenge will help motivate me to meet my reading goals! (By the way, if you're following me on Twitter, I apologize for the excess of tweets recently and to come. You'll probably be seeing lots of #1K1Hr and #ReadingCram hashtags this next week...)

Anywho, today's blogging challenge just involves sharing a list of the books you want to read during the read-a-thon. My goal is 10, and here are the 10 books I *think* I'm going to try to read (although this list isn't set in stone):


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16122786-barefoot-summer?from_search=true
 


















I also need to finish Love's Awakening by Laura Frantz and read Born of Persuasion by Jessica Dotta, Pilgrimage of Promise by Cathy Bryant, and Eddie Would Go by Stuart Coleman (which a pen pal let me borrow forever ago - so it's way overdue for a read!). So I might substitute one of these for a book on the list...but either way, I want to get all these done by the end of the year, as I'm already starting to get review books for 2014, and I have a lot of "for fun" books on my Kindle and in TBR stacks that I want to get to!

If you're participating in this read-a-thon, be sure to post about what you hope to read and enter the giveaway at Juliababyjen's Reading Room! And whether or not you're participating, do share what book you're going to read next!

10 comments:

Katie Ganshert said...

I hope you enjoy Robin's story in Wishing on Willows!

juliababyjen said...

Nice list! I'm so happy you are joining in the fun! Good luck!

Tales of Whimsy said...

What a great line up. Have I told you how much I love your header?

Amber Holcomb said...

Katie,

Thank you! I'm sure it's wonderful - I'm only sorry it's taken me so long to get to it! Your debut was great. :)

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Juliababyjen,

Thanks! And thank you for hosting the read-a-thon! I'm happy to be a part of it. Hoping it will motivate me big time. ;)

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Juju,

I think so, too! It's shameful I've had some of these on my desk for months. *blushing*

And thank you! That's Muffin Man on the right side of the header. :)

~Amber

Rissi said...

Yay! Love your list, Amber - Barefoot Summer is beautiful. :)

Enjoy!

Amber Holcomb said...

Rissi,

Thank you! I've heard such great things about Barefoot Summer from you, Kara, and others - excited to finally read it! :)

~Amber

Melanie said...

I hope you enjoy these books, Amber! I've read Barefoot Summer, A Noble Groom, and Under a Blackberry Moon - all were great reads. :)

Amber Holcomb said...

Melanie,

Thank you! So glad to hear that you enjoyed those three books. :) Hope you enjoy the books you choose to read during the read-a-thon, too! So fun to be doing this together. :)

~Amber