If you're a military wife (or you know of one), this giveaway is for you!
About the Military Wives' New Testament
"When a woman’s husband serves in the military, she is required to sacrifice as well, adding a level of strain to everyday life that most people can’t understand. Frequent moves, unpredictable schedules, extended deployments, reintegration—and, in some cases, caregiving—all make a military spouse hungry for the stability and peace found in God’s Word.
The NIV Military Wives’ New Testament with Psalms & Proverbs is designed to address the unique needs, hopes, fears, struggles, and insecurities of military wives. With 90 devotionals written by military wives and edited by Jocelyn Green, a former military wife who actively ministers to wives whose husbands are serving, this New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs is designed so that women in this unique situation feel as if they have a companion on their journey.
The NIV Military Wives’ New Testament with Psalms & Proverbs includes:
• Devotions that provide hope, encouragement, and spiritual growth
• Preface written by Jocelyn Greene
• Scripture from the New International Version
• Topical Index and other study helps
'The military wife fights battles of their own with unseen enemies: loneliness, weariness, fear, discouragement,' said Green. 'The truth of God’s Word is both her weapon and her shield. With special devotions written by and for fellow military wives, this New Testament with Psalms & Proverbs serves as soul armor for the heroes at home.'
As military wives serve their country in their own way, the words of Green and other seasoned military wives bring help and hope, alongside God’s Word, to encourage and embolden them."
Did you catch that name? The devotionals included in this version were edited by Jocelyn Green! I had the pleasure of interviewing Jocelyn twice in the past for my "Mondays for the Military" feature regarding the devotionals Faith Deployed and Faith Deployed...Again. (You can read those interviews HERE and HERE.)
But if you weren't aware of her non-fiction, it's quite possible you've heard of her recent fiction releases, Wedded to War and Widow of Gettysburg. I haven't yet read them (although they're both on my Kindle), but I've heard good things about them!
You can learn more about Jocelyn and her works at her website.
Buy 1, Give 1 Free!
In addition to the giveaway below, Zondervan wants to share this special offer:
With every purchase of the NIV Military Wives’ New Testament with Psalms & Proverbs, you will receive an additional copy to share with a friend for free!
To get your free copy:
- Visit www.churchsource.com and create an account
- Add 2 copies of NIV Military Wives’ New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs (9780310421078) to your cart
- Enter promo code BD5W11 at checkout
- Offer valid 5/1/2013 through 5/31/2013
Now, to enter the giveaway for a copy of the Military Wives' New Testament with Psalms & Proverbs...
- Leave a comment with your e-mail address. (The e-mail address is required so I can contact you if you win.) If you've read one of Jocelyn's books, I'd love to hear your thoughts! Or you can just say why you'd like to win (i.e. "I'm a military wife," or "I have a friend who would be blessed by this," etc.).
- A winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced on the blog next Monday, May13th.
- Good luck! And thank you so much to Zondervan for offering this giveaway!