There are several especially exciting things about this book:
1. It's the first in a series of "haunting" novellas. So be on the lookout during the blog tour and at the end of Haunting Joy for more info on book 2!
2. As just mentioned, there's going to be a blog tour! Keep your eye on the blog tour page to stay up-to-date on the latest news, and mark your calendars for October 22-31. There will be reviews and giveaways and lots of Halloween fun you won't want to miss!
3. This book has two covers. (How cool is that??) In addition to the lovely e-book and original paperback cover, which you might have seen on Goodreads (or you can see below)...
...there's also a special edition cover that will only be available in paperback format. And that's what today's cover reveal is all about (besides building excitement for the book's release and the blog tour, of course!). Are you ready for this??
What I Love: The old-fashioned, classic "thriller" look to it - like a slightly scary black-and-white movie. The simplicity of the design highlighted by the spooky glow. The ghostly light hovering above the dress. The hint of light peeking through the door (makes you want to know the secrets in the story!). The font of the title that adds a bit of girlish whimsy befitting the heroine. All in all, a fun little twist on the original purple and pink cover (which is also quite pretty and eye-catching in its own right).
About the Book
Joy’s new dress has a secret – one with a little supernatural history, one that’s a little more than she expected.
It all starts one ordinary afternoon, as seventeen-year-old Joy tries on some thrift-store clothes her grandmother gave her. The little white dress fits perfectly. Trouble is, now it won’t leave her alone. Soon Joy is swept up in an extraordinary journey to help a ghost complete some unfinished business. If only that didn’t involve Joy driving through dangerous intersections...or calling up her high-school crush, Nick...or getting stuck at a cemetery after dark.
Will Joy accept this ghostly challenge to be "more"? And just how far will she go to uncover the truth?
About the Author/Cover Designer
Lena lives in a scenic small town in Massachusetts with her husband, two kids, and a very spoiled Black Lab. She writes fiction for young adults, mostly light fantasy with a healthy dose of "sigh-worthy" romance. You can visit her online at www.lenagoldfinch.blogspot.com.
Cover Reveal Participants
The special edition cover is also being featured on these awesome blogs:
- i blog 4 books
- Lisa Amowitz
- Michael SciFan (includes interview & giveaway!)
- The Wonderings of One Person
- Edgy Inspirational Romance (October 2nd)
- My Favorite Pastime (October 3rd)
So, what do you think? Does this look like a read you'd like to treat yourself to this month?