Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Contentment Reading Challenge: November (Book Swap!)

We've got about 2 months left to finish up this challenge for 2011, and only one more monthly update after this! I'll have to cook up something special for the occasion. ;) I haven't re-read any books since the last update, so let's just move right along to today's activity... (But feel free to chime in with any of your own totals from the past month!)

Today, back by popular demand (again!), let's welcome another round of the Contentment Reading Challenge Book Swap! To save me a bit of time, as well as to make sure we're all on the same page, I'm just going to repeat the book swap guidelines from the last two swaps (in March and in June).

Here are some guidelines:
  • If you are participating in the challenge and you end up getting a book through the book swap, feel free to count it to your total if you would like. It can be a re-read or a first-time read. You don't have to count it, though, if you only want to count re-reads. I'm just giving you permission if you'd like to. ;)
  • There are no guarantees that everyone will get to participate. It's all up to you whether or not you end up connecting with another reader and finding some commonalities in your lists. (I'll explain that in just a moment.)
  • If you choose to participate in the book swap, you will have to pay your own shipping to send your book(s) to another person. (This probably means that most of the "swappers" will be U.S. residents, but if a couple of people from another, same country find each other here, then that would be great!)
So, now I'll tell you how this is actually going to work! You'll need to put together two lists:
  1. A list of books you are willing to send (swap) to another person.
  2. A list of books you are interested in receiving through the swap, whether books you don't have that you want to re-read, or books you've never read before.
In the comments section post your two lists along with your e-mail address. If you see someone whose list matches up to yours in some way, someone you want to trade/swap with (etc.), then contact that person by e-mail and set up a swap! Or wait and see if anyone contacts you.

To get us started (and to give you an example), I'm just going to post my two lists here:

Books Available for Swapping:
  • A Whisper of Peace by Kim Vogel Sawyer
  • I Still Believe by Jeremy Camp (non-fiction) *Taken*
  • To Have and to Hold by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller
  • Fairer Than Morning by Rosslyn Elliott
  • A Lancaster County Christmas by Suzanne Woods Fisher
  • Hello, Hollywood! by Janice Thompson
  • Captive Trail by Susan Page Davis
  • Love on the Line by Deeanne Gist (ARC)
  • Out of Control by Mary Connealy
Books I'm Interested In:
  • Doctor in Petticoats, Montana Rose, or Deep Trouble by Mary Connealy
  • How Sweet It Is by Alice J. Wisler *Taken*
  • The Jewel of His Heart by Maggie Brendan
  • Moon Over Tokyo or The Cubicle Next Door by Siri Mitchell
  • Nothing But Trouble or Double Trouble by Susan May Warren
If you're interested in swapping with me, e-mail me at: stokes.a@suddenlink.net

I'm willing to be flexible, so feel free to just let me know if one of my books sounds good to you, and we can go from there. =) And go ahead and post your lists and see if there's anyone you want to swap with!

Note: If you don't have a U.S. mailing address, be sure to let others know that in your comment. There might be someone from your country willing to swap with you! (As for me personally, I can only swap with those in the U.S. due to shipping costs.)

11 comments:

Renee said...

Hi, Amber! I just wanted to take a minute to let you know that I posted your Love Finds Me blog button on my sidebar. Thanks for finding me on Twitter. I'm following :)

Bluerose said...

Some of my have list was bought used, so they don't look brand new, but they still look good. I'll mark those with used. Sometimes my review books come in the mail with a crease. I'll mark those used, too.

Haves

Sinner by Ted Dekker(used)

Angel Song -Sheila Walsh

A Cowboy's Touch- Denise Hunter(used)

The Doctor's Lady-Jody Hedlund(used)

Fairer than Morning- Rosslyn Elliot

The Promise of an Angel- Ruth Reid

Sarah's Garden- Kelly Long

Maid to Match
Courting Trouble (used)
Deep in the Heart of Trouble(used)
A Bride Most Begrudging by Deeanne Gist

Code Triage by Candace Calvert(HC-used)

Spring for Susannah ARC

Restless in Caroline by Tamera Leigh


Secular

Keeping the Moon- Sarah Dessen

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Dark Divine(Hc-used)



Wants

Unbridled Hope- Loree Lough

Tomorrow We Die-Shawn Grady

A Love That Multiplies-Duggars

What Did You Expect- Tripp

Heartless by Anne Elizabeth Stengl

Cascade by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Bon Appetit
Piece de Resistance by Sandra Bryd

Colonel's Lady- Laura Frantz

The Sweetest Thing -Elizabeth Musser

She Makes It Look Easy by Marybeth Whalen

Any of the young adult books by Jessica Day George(sun and moon, midnight ball, princess of glass)


Any of the Harper Collins Betsy-Tacy books(the newer, reprint combination publications) except Emily of Deep Valley

Any biographical type books about Maud Hart Lovelace or Lucy Maud Montgomery

If you have any of the books on my want list, I have A LOT of books in my TBR pile that I'd be willing to trade for them. Feel free to ask if I have a certain book you want! (Or I'd give you a huge list of what I have if you have one on my want list)!


I can only swap in the US.

I'll be gone for part of the morning, so I may not get to my e-mails right away.

bluerosesheart at yahoo dot com

Beth said...

Amber, It's too bad I live in Australia, otherwise I would send you two of the Mary Connealy books you want.

For those who haven't seen my blog post, I'm up to 37 books for the challenge - just one read in October.

If anyone is in Australia,
I'm prepared to give away:
Mary Connealy books
~Petticoat Ranch
~Calico Canyon
~Gingham Mountain
~Montana Rose
~The Husband Tree
~Wildflower Bride
~Doctor in Petticoats
~Wrangler in Petticoats
~Sharpshooter in Petticoats

Liz Curtis Higgs books:
~Thorn in My Heart
~Fair is the Rose
~Whence Came a Prince
~Grace in Thine Eyes

The Youngest Hero by Jerry Jenkins


I'm looking for:
Robin Jones Gunn Books:
~Christy Miller series
~Sierra Jensen series
~Departures
~Christy and Todd: The College Years
~Katie Weldon series
~Christie Miller's Diary

Mary Grant Bruce books:
I have all of the Billaabong series and Golden Fiddles, but if anyone has any of her other books I'd be interested in them.

Katie Marie said...

Hey! I've been so looking forward to this swap! I reread one book the other day, Cascade, bringing my total of reread books to 10. :-) Okay, here is my list...

TO SWAP...
- Composing Amelia by Allison Strobel
- Love Finds You in Humble, Texas by Anita Higman
- Ozark Weddings by Higman and Thompson
- Seeds of Summer by Beth Bogts
- Under a Desert Sky by DiAnn Mills
- The Journey by Wanda Brunstetter (ARC)
- Dancing on Glass by Pamela Ewen (ARC)
- Honor in the Dust by Gilbert Morris (ARC)
- A Dime a Dozen by Mindy Clark
- A Quarter for a Kiss by Mindy Clark
- Hostage in Havana by Noel Hynd
- Deeply Devoted by Maggie Brendan
- The Promise of Morning by Ann Shorey
- The Dawn of a Dream by Ann Shorey

LOOKING FOR...
- Abigail by Jill Eileen Smith
- The Restitution by MaryLu Tyndall
- Touching the Clouds by Bonnie Leon
- A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers
- A Tailor Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer
- Any books in the Gifted series by Lisa T Bergren
- Any books in the Viking Quest series by Lois Walfrid Johnson

There's my list. If I have something you want, but you don't see anything that I want that you have...email me anyway! :-) These are just the books off the top of my head that I'm interested in. :-) I'll mail in the USA only.

agirlslegacy(at)yahoo(dot)com

Casey said...

Hi Amber and friends. :)

I have to work today, so if you email me, (PLEASE DO! :) I will get back to you tonight. Okay, here are my lists, I can only ship to the U.S. And my email is in my profile.


Available for SWAP:


Blessings by Kim Vogel Sawyer
A Love of Her Own by Maggie Brendan
Becoming Lucy by Martha Rogers
Heart of a Cowboy by Margaret Daley (personally signed)
Homecoming Hero by Renee Ryan (personally signed)
Wife Wanted in Dry Creek by Janet Tronstad (personally signed)
Pompeii: City of Fire by T.L. Higley (ARC)
Love Finds You in Deadwood, South Dakota by Tracy Cross
Look to the East by Maureen Lang (ARC)
From a Distance by Tamera Alexander (ARC)
Latter Day Cipher by Latayne C. Scott
The Bounty Hunter and the Bride by Vickie McDonough
Awaken My Heart by DiAnn Mills (ARC)
The Great Christmas Bowl by Susan May Warren
Julia's Last Hope by Janette Oke
The Measure of a Heart by Janette Oke
Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin
A Sound Among the Trees by Susan Meissner (ARC)
Pirate of My Heart by Jamie Carie (ARC)
Somewhere Beyond the Sky by Siri Mitchell
Diva NashVegas by Rachel Hauck
Snow Angel by Jamie Carie
Wonderland Creek by Lynn Austin (ARC)
The Sister Wife by Diane Noble
Smitten by Colleen Coble, Kristen Billerbeck, DiAnn Hunt and Denise Hunter (ARC)
Currently SEARCHING For:

A Slow Burn by Mary DeMuth
Wind Dancer by Jamie Carie
Searching for Spice by Megan DiMaria
Leaving Carolina by Tamera Leigh
Love Letters in the Sand by DiAnn Hunt
Ruby's Slippers by Leanna Ellis
Lookin' Back Texas by Leanna Ellis
The Birthright by T. Davis Bunn and Janette Oke
The Sacred Shore by T. Davis Bunn and Janette Oke
The Beloved Land by T. Davis Bunn and Janette Oke
Seaside Letters by Denise Hunter
Hearts in Flight by Patty Smith Hall
Sweet Caroline by Rachel Hauck
Almost Heaven by Chris Fabry
June Bug by Chris Fabry
The Wedding Kiss by Hannah Alexander
A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer
The Betrayal by Diane Noble
The Veil by Diane Noble
Baby It's Cold Outside by Susan May Warren

Amber Holcomb said...

Renee Ann,

Thank you! I'll make a note of it so that you can have 2 extra entries in the main drawing! :)

And thanks for following me back on Twitter!

~Amber

P.S. Thank you to everyone who stopped by today, and here's hoping some good swaps come from it! :)

Bluerose said...

I'm adding these to my have list:

A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne

My Foolish Heart by Susan May Warren

Dragons of the Valley by Donita K. Paul

Plain Wisdom (ARC) by Woodsmall

The Silver and the Cross by Kathleen Mulroy- (I'll throw this one in for a freebie, if anyone wants it)

Pursuit of Justice by Diann Mills

Adding to my wants:

Any of the Wilderking Trilogy by Jonathan Rogers

The 13 clocks by James Thurber


Y'all let me know if I have anything you want. :)

Julia M. Reffner said...

Amber,

Do you still have I Still Believe. I think I have a few books on your list (Siri Mitchell, one of the Mary Connealys). Let me give it a quick check tonight :)

julesreffner(at)gmail(dot)com

Amber Holcomb said...

Julia,

I do indeed still have I Still Believe! :) I'd be happy to send it to you regardless of whether you have any books on my list. You can just let me know when you have time! :)

~Amber

Julia M. Reffner said...

Actually I was mixing up the Montana Marriages with the Texas series. I don't have that one, BUT I do have How Sweet It Is...if you're still looking for that.

Amber Holcomb said...

Julia,

No problem! I'm actually getting How Sweet It Is from Bluerose/Tammy, so I'm good to go there! :) If you don't have any of the others on my list, it's really not a big deal (I have a HUGE TBR stack!). Would you mind e-mailing me your mailing address again? I'd be pleased to pass I Still Believe along to you. :)

~Amber