So without further ado, I'd like to announce a chance to win a copy of this devotional book! I have two copies (courtesy of the publisher) to give away, so don't be shy! Just leave a comment with your e-mail address for a chance to win. (U.S. residents only.)
I wish I had even a partial review to give you at this time, but I haven't read enough of the book to really share my thoughts. But here's a description of the book from the publisher's website:
"Through multiple, never-before-told stories, readers will uncover the personal challenges of the battlefield. In Battlefields & Blessings: Stories of Faith and Courage from the War in Iraq & Afghanistan you’ll find the experiences and perspectives of deployed soldiers, chaplains, military wives and parents, organizers of humanitarian efforts, veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, loved ones of fallen soldiers, and more. You’ll meet:
- The crew member on a Marine transport vessel combating a dust storm during the invasion
- a major overcoming bureaucratic challenges to stand up the Iraq Air Force
- a three-star general motivating his team to build a stronger Iraq through reconstruction projects
- the mother of a Navy SEAL who herself demonstrated tremendous courage under fire after her son's death
- and a congressman heralding the founding principles of our nation, ones he passed along to his son who served in Iraq
Click HERE to learn more about the book and the author.
So whether you're serving (or have served) in the military, you know someone who has, or even if you just want to learn more about the sacrifices of our military men and women and read some of their stories, enter today! And note that there are otherdevotionals in this "series" that cover the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, World War II, the Vietnam War, and even the police and firefighting forces, which you might be interested in checking out.
Note: The two winners will be chosen using the "List Randomizer" on the Random.org website, and they will be announced on Saturday, August 13th.