Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving in Texas!

By the time you read this post, I'll be winging my way (hopefully!) to Texas to spend Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family! I was blessed with the opportunity to see some of them in Washington D.C. this past summer, and I'm looking forward to seeing them again! I just know we're going to have a wonderful time together!

As a side note, I was surprised (and thrilled!) to have a visit from one of my friends from California and her parents this past Sunday!!! They were traveling through Salem on their way home from Washington, so I was able to give them a tour of Corban's campus. It was so good to see her again! (That's us in the picture above outside of my dorm!)

Anyway, I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving, filled with family, friends, and food! I'll be back Sunday night to stick my nose in the books for 3 more weeks until Christmas break. ;)

May the Lord bless you all, and may we give Him thanks for all that He has done for us!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Amber Holcomb said...

Ruth,

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

~Amber

(Commenting from an airplane headed toward Salt Lake City!!!)

Laura Frantz said...

So glad you made it safely, Amber! Prayers with you!

Casey said...

Have a wonderful time, Amber! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Amber Holcomb said...

Laura,

Thank you! I'm glad, too, especially after that long delay we had in Salt Lake City due to the blizzard!

I appreciate your prayers, as well! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Casey,

Thank you! :) Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! :D

~Amber

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

Ugh girl I thought I left a comment earlier but I think I forgot the word verification and it must not have went through! Anyways I hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving visiting with the fam and friends!

XOXO~ Renee

May the K9 Spy (and KC Frantzen) said...

Amber - have a splendid Thanksgiving in my original home state.

Enjoy! And thanks for being who you are... :)

Amber Holcomb said...

Renee,

Oh, it's OK! :) Thank you for stopping by again! I had a great Thanksgiving, full of food, laughter, card games, and precious memories. :D Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, as well!

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

KC,

I am really enjoying my time here in your original home state--lot warmer (for the most part) than Oregon right now! ;)

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, and have a wonderful weekend!

And thank YOU for being who you are--such an inspiring example of humility and generosity! Thank you for your friendship!

~Amber