Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankful for a Sunday by the Sea

"When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; what is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?"
~ Psalm 8:3-4

Oh, we have so much to be thankful for!

I am thankful that the Lord who created the beautiful, mysterious, and vast sea also created me and loves me!

I am thankful that the Lord, through Jesus Christ, took away my sins and offered me a hope far wider and deeper than any ocean!

I am thankful that the Lord gave me family and friends (including all of you!) with whom I can play in the waves, walk on the shore, or simply talk about the loveliness of God's creation.

I am thankful that the Lord blessed me with opportunities to write (including devotional posts like "Sundays by the Sea") and I pray He might use them to bless others and bring Him glory.

And there's so much more I am thankful for! What are you thankful for as we enter this week of Thanksgiving?

"Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of him, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness."
~ Psalm 30:4

(The beach picture is from PDPhoto.org.)

10 comments:

Diane said...

Thankful that I am useful to God this day. Happy weekend! :O)

Kav said...

I'm thankful for inspirational fiction. It lifts me even as it entertains and helps me stay strong in my faith.

Amber Holcomb said...

Diane,

Yes! :D God can use each one of us today--a great thing to be thankful for!

Happy weekend to you, as well!

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Kav,

Me, too! I completely agree. :D

~Amber

Julia M. Reffner said...

Oh, so much. May I remember and keep a thankful heart. For the love of family that reflects the love of Jesus. For my church family. For the blessing of God's conviction and His patience in teaching us. The promises in His word and the fact that they never change even when our circumstances do.

Amber Holcomb said...

Julia,

Oh, what a grand list! :D As you say, "May I remember and keep a thankful heart." We have so much to be thankful for! Thank you for reminding us of how good God is!

~Amber

Amanda Stanley said...

First, I just have to say I'm thankful for Sunday's By The Sea because the Lord always uses these beautiful devotionals to speak to my soul and bless my heart. I'm also thankful for the dear friend who is faithful to the Lord in allowing Him to use her to be the instrument of such blessings :)

I'm thankful that His hand is not shortened that it cannot save, nor His ear heavy that it cannot hear. I'm thankful that the His mercies and blessings are new every morning. I'm thankful that even if the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea and the waters thereof roar and be troubled, God is my refuge and strength and a very present help in times of trouble.

I'd also like to "ditto" your list and Julia's- hope thats ok ;)

Blessings,
Amanda Stanley

Amber Holcomb said...

Amanda,

Awwww, thank you! I'm so glad that the Lord can use these posts to encourage and inspire you. :) And I'm so thankful for you and the way you let God use you to encourage and inspire me through your comments and e-mails! You are such a dear friend! :D

And oh! your list is a wonderful reminder of God's mercies and goodness! Thank you for reminding us of what we have to be thankful for in the Lord. And no problem "ditto-ing" our lists--we can just build on each other's. :)

~Amber

P.S. I'm sorry I haven't e-mailed you back yet! I'll plan on e-mailing you before I leave for Texas on Tuesday. :) Hope that's alright! Maybe I'll even have more for you to read... ;)

Amanda Stanley said...

Thank you so much, Amber :)

And, don't worry about the email! But, I am looking forward to reading more :D

Talk to you soon!

Blessings,
Amanda Stanley

Amber Holcomb said...

Amanda,

Thank YOU! :D

Hopefully you'll hear from me soon... ;)

~Amber