Friday, November 5, 2010

A Beautiful Gift

I was blessed today by the generous gift of one of my blogging friends, Renee Ann from Doorkeeper. I had left a response to one of her comments on my blog saying that I would appreciate her help in spreading the word about the upcoming "Love Finds You" blog party, since I had failed in my attempt at making a cool blog button to advertise it.

Renee saw my comment (and perhaps read between the lines to see my desperate plea for help!) and made me a beautiful blog button! It would have been so thoughtful of her just to mention the party on her blog or e-mail a few friends, but instead she took the time to create a button that would match my blog and e-mailed me all the codes I would need to put it in the sidebar and let others share it!

I was so touched by her thoughtfulness and so pleased with how wonderful the button looks! (Way, way better than my attempt--believe me!) I'll show it here in the post just so you can see how lovely it is:



Not only did she put it together in such a fun way, but the cover she chose as the background is one that I absolutely love! I bought Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio (the one in the button; see full cover below) a while ago and I plan to read it over Thanksgiving break (which I don't think she knew when she created the button!). It's such a beautiful cover, and the button is just so great!

The link in the button takes readers to the "Love Finds You" Blog Party page, where they can find the details of the party and the schedule. If you have a blog, feel free to take the button (code in the sidebar) and put it in the sidebar. I would really appreciate the help in spreading the word!

Thank you, Renee Ann, for your sweet gift, and thank you to all of you for making blogging so much fun for me! I can't wait to celebrate the "Love Finds You" series with ya'll!

20 comments:

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

Hahaha this just proves that all Renee Ann's are AWESOME! Seriously though that's an AWESOME button and I'm posting it right now. :-) You did a great job Renee!

XOXO~ Renee

Bluerose said...

Awww! That was really sweet! I'm grabbing it as soon as I finish here. :) It goes perfect with this time of year, too.
I finally have my first Love Finds You book!(Mrs. Lena's) Yah!! :) I hope to read it very soon.

Amber Holcomb said...

Renee,

So true! :D My "Renee" blogging friends are fabulous!

And thank you for posting the button on your blog!!! Love that tag line you put above it:

"Sharing the Love with a Love Finds You Party!"

Sooooo cute! :D

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Bluerose,

I agree--it was such a sweet gift! :) Thank you for posting the button on your blog!

And yay! I'm so glad you get to read one of the "Love Finds You" books soon! Is that Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico? I haven't read that one, but I hope you enjoy it!

~Amber

Miralee Ferrell said...

Very nice button! But I can't get it to work. When I touched it, it gave me an error message. I'm excited to be one of your authors taking part. Please feel free to post my néw cover for Tombstone, AZ if you'd like.
Miralee Ferrell

Miralee

Renee Ann said...

I agree with Renee(SteelerGirl83) and we Renee's shall soon rule the world! Or not! Ha ha ha . . . Thanks for this sweet post, Amber! You even inspired me to change my own button!

(And, Miralee, did you try copying and pasting the code from the grab box into a widget or gadget in your dashboard?)

Amber Holcomb said...

Miralee,

So glad you could stop by! Isn't the button fabulous? :D Oh, and Renee Ann is right--you have to use the code for the button in the sidebar (the one in the post is more for show). Hope you can get it to work!

And I love the cover for LFY in Tombstone, AZ!!! I'll definitely have to post it with your interview, if not sooner! :)

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Renee Ann,

Haha, now don't go getting too power hungry! ;)

I'm so glad you liked the post--I was so touched by your kindness. :) And your blog button (for your blog) is beautiful, too!

~Amber

Casey said...

Oh very sweet!! I will have to take it after my party, my side bar is so swamped as it is.

How very creative!! I love the cover idea!

Julia M. Reffner said...

Ah, how sweet is that, Amber. Renee Ann, I'm so glad we've met you here :)

I'm going to have to put those up.

Amber Holcomb said...

Casey,

I know, right? :)

With all your party craziness, I don't blame you for not wanting to add more to your sidebar quite yet. ;) But I'm glad you agree--Renee Ann did a fantastic job on this blog button!

~Amber

Amber Holcomb said...

Julia,

So, so sweet! :D I'm glad we met Renee Ann, too--she is so kind!

And thank you for spreading the word about the party!

~Amber

Ariel Wilson said...

Taking it :) You shall see it on my sidebar shortly ;)

Amber Holcomb said...

Ariel,

Thank you!!! :D

~Amber

Amanda Stanley said...

How pretty! And, how sweet of Renee Ann! She has such a beautiful blog and her comments are always a blessing to read :)

Amber, you know if I had a blog I'd definitely put this lovely button on it! Someday... hopefully soon ;) Excited about your upcoming Love Finds You blog party!!!

Blessings,
Amanda Stanley

Amber Holcomb said...

Amanda,

Thank you! Renee Ann did such a great job, in my opinion! :)

And that's so sweet! If you had a blog I know it would be amazing! :D But either way I'm so thankful for your comments and your encouragement; God's light shines so brightly through you, my friend. :)

Glad you're excited about the party!

~Amber

Margaret @ Creative Madness Mama said...

Awesome. :)

Amber Holcomb said...

Margaret,

Glad you think so! :D Hope to see you at the party!

~Amber

Joy Tamsin David said...

Cute button! And the party sounds like fun. Can you believe I've never read a Love Finds You book? Something I've got to remedy for sure. :)

I'm grabbing your party and blog buttons now.

Amber Holcomb said...

Joy,

Isn't it? :D And you definitely need to be here for the party so we can try to get a "Love Finds You" book in your hands! ;)

Thank you for spreading the word!

~Amber